Sunday, January 26, 2014

Shishiro Ryou & Ootori Choutarou - Ware wa Umi no Ko













I am a child of the sea


I am a child of the sea, raised in a rush-roofed hut
In a pine grove, along the seashore, with the sound of waves.
A thin trail of smoke rising, drifting in the air.
That's the dear old home of mine, where I always belong.

Soon after I was born I was bathed in the sea.
In the sound of lapping waves I hear sweet lullabies.
Breathing in the fresh air of waves coming from afar,
I grew up to be a boy, healthy and strong.

In the strong scent of the sea I can smell something good,
As good as the ever-lasting fragrance of flowers.
Hearing the wind blow against the pine trees on the shore,
It sounds like the rousing strains of music and song.


Translation from here: http://www.matsuurian.com/sdb/songs/warewauminoko.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment